Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk Sculpture WIP #4

LOOK!  A FOOT!

Okay, I am getting excited with sharing these posts with you now and partly because I have gotten through the boring parts of sculpting.  Now I am getting into the more exciting area where I can start adding the details to the piece.

I have to say that I love working in the larger scale.  I can add a lot more detail and texture to the piece and it just brings it to life.  As I mentioned last week, the final layer is being done in grey stuff.  This is because I find it easier to photograph. One of my weaknesses actually is taking nice photographs of a sculpture so you should bare with me when you see pics on the blog.

One thing that is highlighted in this WIP post is just how large he will be in the end. It is a big foot!  Another thing that is highlighted is how I sculpt - from the bottom up, not from the top down.  Outside of build up, I generally start at the feet and work up and then out. Fine details are always left until the end but I will get into that in more detail as we move up the sculpt.

For now, you simply get to enjoy that we have a foot and now you will see much more than a blob of green stuff.







No comments: