Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk Sculpture WIP #2

After a very busy week, I thought it was about time I put up another post about this project.  It is coming along well and I have to say, I love working on the bigger stuff.  You can put so much detail into it and the end result is really impressive because of the scale.  The level of detail just isn't possible in the smaller scale...But, you aren't going to be able to see that today...insert evil laugh here.

Today, I am just posting up some photos of the next work in progress shots I took.  You guys are several steps behind me but in the next few days/weeks, you will finally start seeing what Eric and I have seen already.

This stage is the underpinning stage.  Because the Hulk is so large, I have to add a lot of bulk to it before I can start adding the top layers of detail.  I have added the major muscle groups.  This is just the first stage of the bulking process.  It allows me to measure proportion better and adjust as needed so he will actually get bigger than you see here...a lot bigger.

Again, the Wolverine figure that is in the pictures is a proxy that I am using for scale.  I will be sculpting a completely new Wolverine as well.

If you have any questions or comments, post away.






No comments: