Monday, November 18, 2013

Housekeeping, Winners and a Figure

Good morning, good morning, good morning.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I did for the most part but spent a lot of it working.  The live of a freelance sculptor often means that I work weekends but there are a lot of perks to the job as well.

One of them are the figures that I get to sculpt for clients and I have a few that I am working on that I am really happy for.  I will definitely put them up as soon as my client releases the figures as I have to stick to NDA agreements and wait.

But today, I thought I would post a new figure that I wanted to show everyone. That is, after all, a big reason for this blog, to showcase work I have done.  Last week was really busy with news about the launch of my own studio and a few of the initiatives for the business.  While the sculpting classes are going to be a lot of fun, the majority of my work day is dedicated to clients and I will continue posting photos of the work I have done for clients over the years and continue to do.

With that being said, I do have to make one announcement for the studio and that involves the two contests that were running over the weekend for 1 of 5 miniatures.  The cut off date was this morning at 12:00am EST so when I woke up, the first thing I did, after having a coffee, is draw the names for the winners.

If your name was drawn, please email me at fireforeffectstudios@gmail.com to send me your shipping address.

For the facebook contest, where you needed to like and share the Fire For Effect Studios facebook page and post, the following people won a miniature.  The winners are:

Sean Wesley Johnson
Lee Foster
Mark Farebrother
Richard Poffenberger
Adam Beanish

Congratulations on your win.  Again, send me your address, either on facebook or at the email listed above and I will get them shipped out as soon as possible. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for the miniatures to get to you as I am working with Canada Post ;).

The forum contest was similar and all that was needed to register and post an introduction.  Unfortunately, we are just going by usernames for the forum so if you see your username here, send me a message with your shipping address.

And the winners for the forum contest are:

Pserratv
Epsilon
Thyrm
Mlaw
Neidzweidz

Congratulations on your win and the same thing, please allow 4 to 6 weeks for shipping.

So the only other housekeeping is to announce that I will be having a contest for you to win your own private commission from me in the next week or so.  There will be free miniatures, scifi and other, including some of my own personal heroclix that will be signed.  It will be run through facebook and will be running during the time that my kickstarter is running.  If we can get enough fans by a certain date, we will do the draw.  But I will post the details when the contest begins.  Just to let you know, no purchase is necessary.

And that is it, now I want to share a few figures that I did for Mierce Miniatures.  These were for their kickstarter that they had.  I had a lot of fun with these figures and they are "historically themed" miniatures.  They do have an alternate timeline with fantasy.  And as you know, when I get the chance to do something historical or involving a superhero, I have a lot of fun sculpting them.  So here are a few of the miniatures that I did for them.











No comments: