Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Exciting Private Commission

I am happy to announce that I have a private commission for a heroclix fan, which is really great because I don't get to do superheroes anymore.  It is a commission for one of the most iconic covers out there and done by one of my favorite comic artists, Leinil Francis Yu.

So there it is.  The figure is going to be massive.  To get the proper scale (Wolverine is a 32mm figure), it tops off at a whopping 3 inches tall.  I'm going to be doing a series of posts on it, including an interview with the person who commissioned the piece and regular work in progress posts so you can see it develop from start to finish.

By the way, for those of you who haven't read the series, to answer your question, yes, he gets put back together again. Just thought I would answer before the questions because that is the first question I am asked whenever I show this piece.  If you haven't read it, I strongly recommend it as it was a great series.

No comments: