Thursday, February 20, 2014

TBT: Orc Marines

The ORC MARINES are Here!!

Okay, I have noticed that Thursdays are a time to look back and reflect on photos from the past.  Now, I could leave you with photos of the foolish days of my youth when I had horrible hair styles but I figured those photos should be hidden from sight.  Also, my wife has hidden them from me and I am sure she has nefarious plans for them if I get out of line.

Instead of photos of me, I thought I would reserve Thursday posts to a different sort of throw back.  I am going to share photos of my miniature over the years.  And to kick it off, I am going to show you some miniatures that I did in late 1998/early 1999. These are one of my earliest organic pieces.

To give you a bit of background, I started sculpting while I was working at RAFM Miniatures.  My first miniatures were hardline and I focused primarily on mechs for the Dreampod 9 range that RAFM produced with DP9.  When I had the opportunity to do some organic miniatures, I jumped on the chance.  First, I started by converting some of their existing models and then I sculpted my first complete miniature for them.  I will post my first organic miniature next week in the TBT post.

After I finished my first organic miniature, I wanted to start on more so I managed to kick out a few of these Orc Marines. I remember being so excited about the finished product and thinking to myself that these miniatures were amazing.  Looking back at them today, all I could think was, "Wow, look at that leather...and spikes...and...well...spikes."  I also started critiquing my poor anatomy, posing ideas and a range of other flaws that I saw.

But it is a really good illustration that every sculptor starts somewhere.  No one picks up a sculpting tool for the first time and creates an amazing miniature.  It takes lots of practice and it is a constant learning process and I can still see room for improvement in my work today.

So without further introduction, here are the ORC MARINES!

Orc Corporal

Big Gunner

Orc Sergeant

Orc Grunts

2 comments:

Thomas Deanna said...

I don't known if here is the right forum to say this I am very glad for what Prophet Ogbeifun did for me i meant dr ogbeifun through a friend he helped win a court case of divorce few months ago and when i contacted him he help me to cast a death spell on my mother inlaw who was really troubling my life and future, she never wanted my progress, each time I get a job from a company, I get drove back because of the witch craft mother inlaw I have, I never knew my mother inlaw was the one troubling me, until one day I contacted Dr Ogbeifun for help and he told me Justine my mother inlaw is the one troubling me and he help me to cast unto her a death spell. I am happy because the evil doer is dead and ever since then my life have turn around for good things now work fine for me and am now a happy living beautiful with my family, thanks to Dr Ogbeifun. i recommend you to dr Ogbeifun if you have any kind of problem he will help you restore your marriage life back again. contact him via email ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com or call/whatsapp him via +2348102574680  

JeanScott said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. confederate service files